25 g (1 oz) butter
1 medium onion, sliced
675 g (1 1/2 lb) carrots, sliced
5 g (1 tsp) ground coriander
900 ml (1 1/2 pt) vegetable stock
150 ml (1/4 pt) sour cream
salt and pepper
fresh coriander or parsley
1. Heat the butter, add the onion and cook until it has just softened but not browned.
2. Add the carrots and ground coriander and stir well.
3. Leave the carrots to cook gently for 3 minutes.
4. Add the stock and bring the mixture to the boil, then simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
5. Liquidize the soup, adding the sour cream.
6. Adjust the seasoning. Serve very cold, garnished with fresh coriander or parsley
7. Use a chicken stock if preferred. Herb bouillon cubes are very good for this soup.