550 g (1 1/4 lb) turkey fillet
15 g (1 tbsp) seasoned flour
25 g (1 oz) butter
150 ml (1/4 pt) chicken stock
150 ml (1/4 pt) dry white wine
100 g (4 oz) curd cheese
100 g (4 oz) button mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper
1. Pass the turkey through the seasoned flour.
2. Brown it lightly in the butter.
3. Add the stock and wine and simmer it, covered, for 30 minutes.
4. Add the curd cheese, together with the mushrooms and nutmeg. Check the seasoning.
5. Stir gently and cook for a further 10 minutes.
You could use turkey steaks for this but they would need longer cooking time — another 10 minutes before adding the curd cheese.