1 kg (2 lb) beef chuck steak, ground
55 g (3 1/2 tbsp) tomato puree
450 ml (l6 fl oz) chicken stock
60 g (4 tbsp) grape jelly
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) salt
pinch ground white pepper
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
pinch dried oregano
pinch dried rosemary
25 g (1 oz) chicken fat
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) dried dill
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) dried basil
1. In a large mixing bowl combine the ground beef, tomato puree, 100 ml (4 fl oz) of the chicken stock, grape jelly, salt, white pepper, garlic, oregano and rosemary.
2. Mix well. Shape the mixture into meatballs approximately 2.5cm (1 in) in diameter.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the chicken fat over a low heat.
4. Add the meatballs and brown for 5 minutes.
5. Add the remaining chicken broth and the dill and basil.
6. Simmer for 15 minutes over a very low heat. Serve warm.