These fish cakes can be made in advance, stored in the fridge and fried as required. Do not keep for more than 36 hours before using.
makes about six
1/4 kilo (1/2 lb) 1 1/4 cups cooked fish such as haddock, cod or coley
1/4 kilo (1/2 lb) 1 cup cold, boiled potato
25 g (1 oz) 2 1/2 tbsp polyunsaturated soft margarine
1 heaped tbsp freshly chopped parsley
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
sunflower oil for frying
1. Mash the fish with the potatoes and the margarine.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well with a fork until the fish and parsley are evenly distributed.
3. Form into round, flat cakes with the hands.
4. Fry in hot, shallow oil for 3 minutes on each side or 4 minutes if the fish cakes have been in the fridge.
5. Serve immediately with grilled tomatoes and special gluten-free bread.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!