An excellent summer meal or buffet dish.
300 ml (1/2 pt) Chaudfroid Sauce
1. Cook the trout "au bleu" and allow to cool.
2. Remove the heads and top skin.
3. Lift top fillet from fish carefully and remove the bone.
4. Lay fillet back on the fish.
5. Coat with sauce. Garnish with cucumber peel cut into thin strips, diamond-shaped pieces of pimiento, and sliced stuffed olives to make flowers and leaves.
6. Surround head end with sprigs of watercress.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!