1 large onion, finely chopped
8 courgettes, thinly sliced
7.5 g (1 1/2 tsp) ground turmeric
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) salt
2.5 g (1/2 tsp) black pepper
5 g (1 tsp) sugar
50 ml (2 fl oz) Ghee (Clarified Butter)
1. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the onion, courgettes, turmeric, salt, pepper and sugar. Mix well.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the clarified butter over a low heat until it is very hot.
4. Add the egg mixture, cover, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
5. If the omelette is entirely solid, remove it from the pan and serve, cut into wedges.
6. If the omelette is still semi-solid, replace the lid and cook for a further 2 minutes.