450 g ( 1 lb) peeled scampi (Dublin Bay prawns)
2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 lb (450 g) tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon concentrated tomato puree (paste)
1 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs
2 tablespoons dry white wine (optional)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Poach the scampi in the warm court bouillon for 5 to 7 minutes, then drain and keep warm.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Soften for a few minutes before adding the chopped tomato, tomato puree, herbs, wine (if using) and seasoning to taste.
3. For a smooth sauce, blend in a liquidiser or food processor, or put through a sieve.
4. Add the scampi to the sauce and heat through.
5. Serve on a bed of plain boiled rice.