100 g (4 oz) butter or margarine, softened
100 g (4 oz) sugar
2 eggs, beaten
125 g (5 oz) self-raising flour
25 g (1 oz) unsweetened cocoa powder
approx 30 ml (2 tbsp) milk
1 small banana, peeled and chopped
50 g (2 oz) chocolate chips
for the sauce
150 g (6 oz) soft brown sugar
25 g (1 oz) butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) golden syrup
60 ml (4 tbsp) single cream
1. Cream the butter or margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually add the eggs, beating well between each addition.
3. Sieve together the flour and cocoa, and fold into the egg mixture. Add enough milk to give a soft dropping consistency. Stir the banana and chocolate chips.
4. Turn mixture into a greased 900 ml (1 1/2 pt) pudding basin. Cover with greased greaseproof paper and foil, with a central pleat in each. Secure with string. Steam for about 1 1/2 hours.
5. To make the sauce, put all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring.
6. Turn out pudding and serve with the hot sauce.
6 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!