Choose a ripe mango for this recipe. If you buy one that is a little under-ripe, leave it in a warm place for a day or two before using.
1 large, ripe mango
juice of 2 limes
rind of 2 limes, finely grated
15 ml (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
15 g (1/2 oz) butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) clear honey
creme fraiche, to serve
1. Prepare the coconut flakes by draining the milk from the coconut and peeling the flesh with a vegetable peeler.
2. Peel the mango. Cut the stone out of the middle of the fruit. Cut each half of the mango into slices.
3. Place the mango slices in a bowl and pour over the lime juice and rind, to marinate them.
4. Meanwhile heat a wok, then add 10 ml (2 tsp) of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the butter. When the butter has melted, stir in the coconut flakes and stir-fry for 1 - 2 minutes until the coconut is golden brown. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Wipe out the wok. Strain the mango slices, reserving the juice.
5. Heat the wok and add the remaining oil. When the oil is hot, add the mango and stir-fry for 1 - 2 minutes, then add the juice and allow to bubble and reduce for 1 minute. Stir in the honey, sprinkle on the coconut flakes and serve with creme fraiche.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!