675 g (1 1/2 lb) pork fillet
15 g (1 tbsp) flour
salt and freshly ground pepper
25 g (1 oz) butter
30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
250 g (8 oz) Herbed Rice
30 ml (2 tbsp) brandy
150 ml (1/4 pt) single cream
4 lemon wedges
1. Trim the pork fillets. Remove any gristle and excess fat.
2. Cut into diagonal slices. Beat out to about 1 cm (1/2 in) thick.
3. Mix the flour with the seasoning and coat each slice evenly.
4. Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and cook the onions for 4 minutes. Remove onto a plate with a slotted spoon.
5. Prepare and cook the Herbed Rice.
6. On a medium heat saute the pork fillet slices for about 4 minutes each side until golden brown.
7. Heat the brandy in a ladle and set alight. Pour onto the pork and allow to flambe.
8. Serve the Herbed Rice on a warmed serving dish. Arrange the pork slices on top and keep warm in a low oven.
9. Add nutmeg and single cream to the frying pan and stir over a low heat to combine the meat juices and cream.
10. Pour the sauce over the meat.
11. Garnish with the lemon wedges and watercress and accompany with a crisp green salad.
14 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!