This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
serves 1 - 2
255 g (9 oz) 1 1/3 cups of scallops with their corals
6 - 8 fresh sage leaves, chopped
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons of water
2 heaped tablespoons of high quality capers (not in malt vinegar), drained
4 tablespoons of Marsala
1 heaped tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
1. Place the scallops, sage, garlic, seasoning, water and capers in a non-stick frying pan (skillet) and cook for a 2 - 3 minutes.
2. Add the Marsala and cook the scallops for another couple of minutes.
3. Shake the pan from time to time so that the scallops are evenly cooked through.
4. Remove the scallops from the pan and place on 2 warm plates.
5. Quickly boil up the juices in the pan for 1 - 2 minutes.
6. Pour the sauce over the scallops and decorate with a sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley.
7. Serve at once with warm fresh bread and a wonderful mixed green salad with fresh herbs.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!