This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
serves 10 (2 each)
255 g (9 oz) of (DF/GF) luxury dark chocolate
55 g (2 oz) 1/4 cup of Dairy free margarine
75 ml (2 1/2 fl oz) 1/4 cup of soya cream
Brandy, Cognac or Cointreau (or 1 teaspoon of pure Madagascan vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of warm water or black coffee, if no alcohol is desired) Dairy free, Gluten free cocoa powder
1. Break the chocolate into a bowl, add the margarine and melt briefly in the microwave.
2. Stir in the cream and mix well together. Add the brandy or liqueur, or the vanilla extract and coffee mixture, and stir together until smooth.
3. Leave to cool and when the mixture is firm, mould teaspoons of the chocolate into balls in your hands.
4. Roll the balls in cocoa powder and leave in the refrigerator to set. (Alternatively, roll them in browned nuts and chill until needed.)
5. Place the truffles in little foil or paper cases and serve cool but not rock hard and cold.
6. You can arrange them in a pretty box, tied up with a ribbon to give as a gift, these trurrles need to be kept chilled.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!