1/2 oz (15 g) wholemeal flour
1/2 oz (15 g) porridge oats
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons margarine
for the fruit base:
5 oz (150 g) mixed red and blackcurrants
1 tablespoon water
artificial sweetener to taste
1. Begin by preparing the topping. Stir the flour, porridge oats and sugar together.
2. Rub the margarine which, if possible, has been stored in the freezer, into the flour until the mixture resembles fresh breadcrumbs. Put to one side.
3. Place the currants and water in a small saucepan and simmer gently until cooked.
4. Sweeten to taste with artificial sweetener.
5. Transfer the hot cooked currants to a warm flameproof ramekin, about 3 1/2 inches (9 cm) in diameter.
6. Sprinkle the topping over the currants and place under a preheated moderate grill for about 2 minutes until golden brown and crisp.