140 g (5 oz) 1 cup of rice flour
140 g (5 oz) 1 cup of buckwheat flour
3 heaped teaspoons of Gluten free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
255 g (9 oz) 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of Dairy free margarine
255 g (9 oz) 1 1/4 cups of sugar
650 g (23 oz) of bananas, peeled and mashed
4 large free-range eggs
4 tablespoons sifted icing (confectioners') sugar
1/2 - 1 tablespoon lemon juice
23 - 25 cm (9 -10 inch) loaf tin, greased and lined
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas mark 4
2. sift the flours into a bowl with the baking powder and salt.
3. In a food processor, beat the margarine, sugar and bananas together until smooth, then briefly blend in the eggs.
4. Stir this into the flour mixture until it is evenly blended.
5. Pour into the loaf tin and bake for about 1 - 1 1/4 hours or until an inserted skewer comes out clean and the cake is just firm. if it browns too quickly, cover the tin loosely with foil.
6. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
7. Mix the icing (confectioners') sugar with enough of the lemon juice to make a thick enough paste.
8. When the cake is cold, drizzle the icing over the top.
9. Store the cake in an airtight container until needed.