50 g (2 oz) chicken fat
675 g (1 1/2 lb) fresh chicken livers
225 ml (8 fl oz) white wine
50 ml (2 fl oz) dry sherry
7 g (1 tbsp) chopped parsley
10 g (1 tbsp) finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 small shallot, finely chopped
good pinch salt
good pinch ground white pepper
1. Melt the chicken fat in a large skillet over a low heat.
2. Acid the chicken livers and saute until browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Acid the remaining ingredients, raise the heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the cover and cook until the liquid is almost gone, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve with crackers or crustv bread.
14 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!