1. Roll out the puff pastry on a floured board into a rectangle, as thinly as possible.
2. Stir the garlic juice into most of the milk and brush the pastry with half of it.
3. Mix the paprika and Parmesan, and season with a little salt and cayenne.
4. Sprinkle half of it over one half of the pastry.
5. Fold the pastry and roll out as thinly as possible.
6. Repeat with the remaining garlic milk and Parmesan mixture and roll out to a rectangle not more than 6 mm (1/4 in) thick.
7. Brush with milk and cut into strips about 1 cm (1/2 in) wide and 15 cm (6 in) long.
8. Arrange the straws, at least 2.5 cm (1 in) apart, on greased baking sheets and bake for 7 to 10 minutes in a preheated 220°C (425°F) Gas 7 oven until well-risen and golden brown.
9. Serve warm, piled onto each other, log cabin style.