This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
300 ml (10 fl oz) 1 1/4 cups of water
300 ml (10 fl oz) 1 1/4 cups of Gluten free vegetable stock (bouillon)
300 ml (10 fl oz) 1 1/4 cups of unsweetened pineapple
juice Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
2 small carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1 red pepper; cored and thinly sliced
1 yellow pepper, cored and thinly sliced
1 mild or hot red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tablespoon of grated root ginger
400 g (14 oz) 2 generous cups of stir-fry lean pork pieces, all visible fat removed
285 g (10 oz) of mangetouts (snowpeas), trimmed
2 tablespoons of Gluten free dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon of Gluten free cornflour (cornstarch)
1 tablespoon of wine vinegar
Chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves to decorate
1. Put the onion and water in a non-stick frying pan (skillet) or wok, and bring to the boil over high heat.
2. Cook the onion until the water has evaporated, then add the stock (bouillon) and pineapple juice.
3. Season with salt and pepper, stir in the ketchup and add the carrots, peppers, chilli, garlic and root ginger.
4. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the pork, mangetouts (snowpeas) and soy sauce.
5. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes, stirring the ingredients frequently to make sure that they are evenly cooked and coated with the sauce.
6. Mix the cornflour (cornstarch) and vinegar together. Stir this into the mixture and cook until the sauce is thick, clear and coating all the ingredients.
7. Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves and serve immediately with boiled rice or boiled rice noodles.