310 g (11 oz) of (Dairy Free / Gluten Free) dark chocolate and a little extra chocolate for decoration
170 g (6 oz) 3/4 cup of Dairy free margarine
115 g (4 oz) 1/2 Cup plus 1 tablespoon of caster (superfine) sugar
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 1 1/4 cups of ground almonds
4 large free-range eggs, separated
55 g (2 oz) 1 cup of 100% pure (Wheat Free) rye or Gluten free corn breadcrumbs
2 tablespoon of sugar-free apricot or raspberry jam (jelly)
55 g (2 oz) 1/2 cup of icing (confectioners') sugar
2 tablespoons of black coffee
23 cm (9 inch) spring-form cake tin, greased with Dairy free margarine and lined with baking parchment (wax paper)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
2. Break half the chocolate into a bowl, microwave it until just melting and then stir until smooth.
3. Cream 115 g (4 oz) 1/2 cup of the margarine and the sugar together in a bowl. Stir in the almonds, egg yolks and breadcrumbs, then fold in the melted chocolate and beat well.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and then fold half at a time into the chocolate mixture.
5. Pour into the prepared cake tin.
6. Bake the cake for 40 minutes until firm to the touch. Allow to cool for 45 minutes and then turn out onto a serving plate.
7. Brush the cake with the jam (jelly).
8. Melt the remaining chocolate and margarine together in a bowl in the microwave.
9. Stir and sift in the icing (confectioners') sugar and then beat in the black coffee.
10. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
11. Spread the icing all over the cake.
12. Coarsely grate some extra chocolate on top of the cake and serve chilled.