This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
1. First make the salsa and chill until needed. (see below)
2. When you are nearly ready to serve the meat, brush the lamb with a little chilli olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill (broil) or fry until crispy on the outside and pink inside (or according to taste), about 5 - 7 minutes on each side.
4. Carve the meat, arrange the slices on warm plates with a spoonful of the salsa beside it and decorate with a few coriander (cilantro) leaves.
5. Serve the remaining salsa separately.
6. Delicious with new potatoes and a green salad.
black bean salsa
1 small ripe fresh mango, peeled and flesh cubed
3 spring onions (scallions), trimmed and sliced
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
1/2 chilli, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons of chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
1 ripe tomato, skinned, seeded and chopped
The grated rind and juice of 2 limes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped into the juice of 1 lime
3 tablespoons of black beans (soak in water overnight, then boil in clean water for about 80 minutes until tender; drain and refresh under cold running water)
1. Place the mango, spring onions (scallions), garlic and chilli with the coriander (cilantro), tomato, lime zest and juice, salt and pepper in a food processor and mix for a second, just to bring it together.
2. Transfer to a clean bowl. Add the beans and the chopped avocado in lime juice and cover with clingfilm (plastic wrap).
3. Chill until needed.