This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
2 celeriac roots, peeled, quartered and very thinly sliced
1 large onion, peeled, halved and very finely sliced
Salt, freshly ground black pepper and nutmeg
Dairy free margarine
1 plump clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
A few thyme leaves
300 ml (10 fl oz) 1 1/4 cups of (Gluten free) vegetable stock (bouillon)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
2. Layer the celeriac with the onion in an ovenproof dish, sprinkling each layer with salt, pepper and nutmeg, and dotting with margarine, garlic and thyme leaves.
3. Continue until all of the celeriac and onion have been used up.
4. Pour the stock (bouillon) over and sprinkle cayenne pepper over the top.
5. Bake in the oven until crispy on top and soft all the way through, about 2 hours.
6. Check occasionally - if it looks as though it is starting to dry out add a little more stock.
7. Serve the Celeriac Dauphinoise piping hot.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!