This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
140 g (5 oz) of (DF/GF) dark chocolate
100 ml (3 fl oz) 1/3 cup of weak black coffee
140 ml (5 fl oz) 2/3 cup of warm water
2 tablespoons of Amaretto di Saronno liqueur
3 heaped tablespoons of (DF/GF) cocoa powder
2 heaped teaspoons of caster (superfine) sugar
for the ice-cream
4 large free-range egg yolks
1 heaped teaspoon of Gluten free cornflour (cornstarch)
2 heaped tablespoons of caster (superfine) sugar
400 ml (4 fl oz) 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
5 heaped tablespoons of desiccated (shredded) coconut
200 ml (7 fl oz) 3 1/2 cup of coconut cream
2 tablespoons of toasted coconut pieces (from health food shops)
1. Make the chocolate sauce by slowly melting together all the sauce ingredients in a non-stick saucepan. Stir until thick and creamy.
2. Remove from the heat and cover until needed.
3. Make the ice-cream by mixing the egg yolks, cornflour (cornstarch) and sugar together in a bowl, and slowly adding the coconut milk.
4. Transfer to a saucepan, add the desiccated (shredded) coconut and cook over a low heat, stirring all the time.
5. Cook until thick and smooth, then remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
6. Stir in the coconut cream.
7. Once it is cool, pour the custard into your prepared ice-cream maker and churn until frozen and smooth (probably about 20 minutes).
8. Serve scoops of ice-cream scattered with toasted coconut pieces with a pool of lukewarm chocolate sauce beside it.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!