This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 1/2 cup of rice
16 x 6 - 7 cm (2 1/2 inch prawns (shrimp) in shells, peeled but tails left intact
1 large red pepper, cored and finely sliced
1 bunch of spring on1ons (scallions), trimmed and sliced
1 small mild red chilli, seeded and chopped
1 large clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tablespoon each of sunflower oil and chilli olive oil
2 - 3 teaspoons of red Thai spice
300 ml (10 fl oz) 1 3/4 cups of coconut milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
The juice of 2 limes
1 tablespoon of fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
Cook the rice in salted, boiling water until tender
1. Meanwhile, slit the inside length of the prawns (shrimp) to prevent them curling up too much.
2. Drain and refresh the rice under hot water and keep warm.
3. Stir-fry the red pepper, spring on1ons (scallions), chilli and garlic in the oils in a heated wok over a high heat until softened but not browned.
4. Stir in the red Thai spice and cook for 1 minute.
5. mix in the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir in the prawns (shrimp) and the lime juice and cook for a couple of minutes or until the prawns (shrimp) are hot.
7. Spoon the rice into the centre of two hot plates.
8. Spoon over the prawns (shrimp) and sauce.
9. Sprinkle with coriander (cilantro) and serve.