This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
2 tablespoons of chilli olive oil
1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
1 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
247 g (8 oz) 1 1/3 cups of canned puy lentils, drained
2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
300 ml (10 fl oz) 1 1/4 cups of water
3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
3 tablespoons of dry sherry
A little olive oil
4 x 200 g (7 oz) salmon steaks
1 tablespoon of Dairy free margarine
1. Place the chilli olive oil and thyme leaves in a frying pan (skillet), add the onion and cook the onion gently until it is soft.
2. Add the lentils, garlic, salt and pepper and lastly the vinegar. Simmer for 8 minutes, adding the water as soon as the mixture starts to stick.
3. Stir in half the parsley and the sherry, adding more water if necessary.
4. In another pan, fry the salmon steaks in a little olive oil until crispy on the outside and slightly underdone inside.
5. Stir the margarine into the lentils.
6. Spoon a pool of lentils in juices onto each plate and serve with the salmon nesting on top.
7. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and enjoy it with a watercress salad or mashed potatoes.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!