This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
200 g (7 oz) 1 cup of caster (superfine) sugar
140 g (5 oz) of (DF/GF) continental dark chocolate
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
600 ml (20 fl oz) 2 1/2 cups of water
1 tablespoon of rum
90 ml (3 fl oz) 1/3 cup of fresh strong black coffee
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 3/4 cup of plump raisins
Fresh sprigs of rosemary and seasonal berries or fruits for decoration
1. Simmer all the ingredients - except the rum, coffee and the raisins - in a heavy-bottomed pan and bring to the boil.
2. Continue to cook for 5 minutes and then strain into a bowl.
3. Add the rum, coffee and raisins, and allow to cool.
4. Churn and freeze the sorbet in an ice-cream maker for 20 minutes, or until frozen but manageable.
5. Scrape into a scalable container and freeze until needed.
6. Serve the sorbet straight from the freezer.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!