335 Calories per serving
1 lb 4oz (600 g) minced pork
4 fl oz (120 ml) apple juice
1/4 pint (150 ml) vegetable stock
4 teaspoons cornflour
2 leeks, thinly sliced
6 oz (180 g) carrots, diced
1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
For the topping:
9 oz (270 g) potatoes, diced
9 oz (270 g) swede, diced
1 teaspoon margarine
1 tablespoon skimmed milk
1. Form the minced pork into small balls with dampened hands, place on a rack under a preheated grill and cook for 6 - 8 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
2. Blend the apple juice and stock with the cornflour, pour into a saucepan and add the leeks, carrots and herbs. Crumble in the pork and bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally-.
3. Boil the potatoes and swede in salted water for about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
4. Mash the potato and swede with the margarine and milk; season well with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer the pork mixture to a deep ovenproof dish. Spoon the swede and potato on top and spread to completely cover the pork. Roughen the surface with a fork.
6. Bake at Gas Mark 5, 190°C, 375°F for 30 minutes