This recipe is Vegetarian, Wheat free and Dairy free.
14 g (1/2 oz) 1 package of (Wheat free) easy-bake (instant) yeast
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of honey
400 ml (14 fl oz) 1 3/4 cups of warm water
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
500 g (17 oz) 6 cups of porridge oats, processed to a fine flour
2 heaped teaspoons of ground cinnamon
A pinch of grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
1 large non-stick loaf tin or non-stick baking tray, greased
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
2. Put the yeast, salt and honey in a large bowl.
3. Add the warm water and oil, then mix in the processed oats, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Knead the dough with floured hands on a floured board for 10 minutes. divide the dough in half and briefly knead in the walnuts.
5. Shape the dough into an oval and place it in the centre of the tray.
6. Leave the dough to prove in a very warm place for about 30 minutes, allowing it to rise slightly.
7. Place the dough in either the loaf tin or on the baking tray and bake for 1 hour until the bread is firm.
8. Cool the bread on a wire rack and when the bread is cold slice and serve.