4 x 4 1/2 oz (135 g) rump or fillet steaks
3 kiwi fruit
2 teaspoons margarine
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 chilli, seeded and finely chopped
4 fl oz (120 ml) Marsala
3 tablespoons single cream
salt and pepper
1. wipe the steaks and pierce a few times with a fork.
2. Peel and rnash two kiwi fruit. Spread the puree on both sides of each steak, place in a non-metallic container, cover and leave in the cool to marinate for 3 - 4 hours.
3. Melt the margarine in a saucepan, add the onion and chilli and stir-fry for 4 - 5 minutes. Put to one side until you're ready to grill the steak.
4. Remove the steak from the marinade, leaving any puree which sticks onto the steak. Transfer to a rack under a moderate grill and cook for 5 - 6 minutes, turning once, or until the fat has stopped dripping from the meat.
5. Stir the remaining marinade into the onion and chilli, add the Marsala and bring to the boil. Boil for 1 - 2 minutes, stir in the cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Peel the remaining kiwi fruit and slice thinly. Place two slices on top of each steak, pour over the Marsala sauce and serve.