serves 4 (2 each)
140 g (5 oz) 1 cup of fine Gluten free corn meal or fine Gluten free polenta (maize)
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of rice flour
4 1/2 teaspoons of Gluten free baking powder
2 teaspoons of caster (superfine) sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 large free-range eggs
300 ml (10 fl oz) 1 1/4 cups of goat's milk
30 g (1 oz) 2 tablespoons of melted Dairy free margarine
oil for brushing the pan
1. Stir together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs and goat's milk in a large bowl.
3. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients and, when well combined, stir in the melted margarine.
4. Heat two oiled griddle or non-stick frying pans (skillets) and use a tablespoon to drop the batter onto the very hot surface.
5. Make the pancakes about 6 cm (2 1/2 inch) in diameter.
6. Once the base is cooked and golden brown, turn the pancake over and cook the other side until they are cooked through.
7. Serve the pancakes straight from the griddle on heated plates with lots of maple syrup and your choice of Dairy free margarine or butter.