This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of rice flour
130 g (4 1/2 oz) generous 3/4 cup of maize flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 7 tablespoons of Dairy free margarine
130 g (4 1/2 oz) 1/2 cup of (GF/DF) crunchy peanut butter
170 g (6 oz) 3/4 cup of soft brown sugar
2 large free-range eggs
1 teaspoon of pure Madagascan vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of water
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 1/2 cup of dry-roasted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
2. Sift the flours with the salt and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) onto a plate and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the margarine, peanut butter and sugar until soft and light.
4. Gently mix in half the eggs, the vanilla extract and water, and then stir in half the flour.
5. Repeat so that they are all used up, then add the peanuts.
6. Drop heaped spoonfuls of the dough on to non-stick baking trays and press with the back of a floured fork to flatten slightly.
7. Bake them for 15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool a little on the tray, before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!