This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
200 g (7 oz) 1 cup less 2 tablespoons of Dairy free margarine
85 g (3 oz) generous 1/2 cup of icing (confectioners') sugar
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of rice flour
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of Gluten free cornflour (cornstarch)
55 g (2 oz) 2/3 cup of ground almonds
1 teaspoon of finely grated nutmeg
Finely grated zest of 1/2 a lemon
2 baking trays, lined with baking parchment (wax paper)
Extra flour for dusting hands and board
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
2. Cream the margarine and icing (confectioners') sugar in a food processor, then add all the remaining ingredients, giving them a quick blend until a dough forms.
3. With floured hands, wrap the ball of dough in clingfilm (plastic wrap) and chill for 2 hours.
4. Roll the dough into a long sausage shape on a floured board and cut it into 30 slices.
5. Place the slices on the prepared tray, making sure that the cookies have room to expand.
6. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, or until lightly coloured around the edges.
7. Cool the cookies slightly, then transfer them to a wire tray to cool.
8. Store the cookies in an airtight container until needed.