This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
455 g (1 lb) 3 cups of icing (confectioners') sugar; sifted
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 large free-range egg white, lightly whisked
1 dessertspoon of coffee essence
1 teaspoon of water
1. At least 12 whole walnut halves At least 12 whole pecan halves 100 g (3 1/2 oz) (DF/GF) luxury dark continental chocolate, optional
2. Mix the icing (confectioners') sugar, lemon juice and egg white in a bowl until pliable.
3. Add the coffee essence and water. Knead on a clean surface dusted with icing (confectioners') sugar.
4. Shape the mixture into balls about 2.5 cm (1 inch) in diameter, press half a walnut into half of the coffee balls and press the pecans into the remaining coffee balls (this should flatten the balls slightly).
5. For chocolate-drizzled creams, melt the chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave, stir until smooth and drizzle over the nuts on each sweet.
6. Put the walnut and pecan creams into little paper cases and leave them for 24 hours to set and dry.
7. Transfer to a pretty box or keep them in an airtight container until needed.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!