This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
serves 6 - 12
225 g (8 oz) 1 cup of caster (superfine) sugar
225 g (8 oz) 2 2/3 cups of ground almonds
225 g (8 oz) 1 1/2 cups of instant quick-cook polenta
225 g (8 oz) 1 cup of Dairy free margarine
1 teaspoon of almond essence
2 x 20 cm (8 inch) loose-bottomed, fluted flan tins
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F) Gas mark 3
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Mix in the margarine and almond essence until well blended.
4. Press into the tin and spread evenly.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
6. Cool in the tin and then turn out onto a wire rack.
7. Store in an airtight container until needed.
19 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!