This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
100 g (3 1/2 oz) 2/3 cup of rice flour
1 heaped teaspoon of Gluten free baking powder
5 tablespoons of (DF/GF) cocoa powder
A pinch of salt
55 g (2 oz) 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
115 g (4 oz) 1/2 cup of Dairy free margarine
115 g (4 oz) 1/2 Cup plus 1 tablespoon of caster (superfine) sugar
2 large free-range eggs
1 teaspoon of pure Madagascan vanilla extract
115 g (4oz) 1/2 Cup plus 1 tablespoon of soft brown sugar
4 tablespoons of rum
240 ml (8 fl oz) 1 cup of boiling water
1 1/2 litre (2 pint) 3 US pint souffle dish, greased with Dairy free margarine and dusted with a little caster (superfine) sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas mark 5
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, 1 tablespoon of the cocoa powder and the salt into a bowl, then fold in the walnuts.
3. In another large bowl, beat the margarine and sugar until pale and light, add the eggs and vanilla extract and then mix in the sifted dry ingredients.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared souffle dish and level off.
5. Mix the brown sugar with the remaining cocoa and the rum, and dissolve them with the boiling water.
6. Pour the sauce over the cake and then bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until the sponge is just firm and the sauce has sunk to the bottom.
7. Serve warm on its own or with Dairy free vanilla ice-cream.