175 g neck fillet of lamb, trimmed weight
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, roughly chopped
1 lamb stock cube
300 ml water
1 tsp tomato puree
3 whole cloves garlic, peeled
1 tsp cumin seeds
110 g coriander and lemon couscous
2 tsp freshly chopped mint
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
2. Cut the meat into 2 cm pieces and season.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Brown the meat on both sides then remove the pan from the heat.
4. Place the meat into an ovenproof dish with the onion, crumbled stock cube, water, tomato puree and garlic. Cover the dish and place into the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
5. Five minutes before the meat is ready, prepare the couscous. Remove the meat from the oven.
6. Heat the cumin seeds in a frying pan over a moderate heat for 30 seconds. Add the meat and half the cooking liquid, then add the couscous and chopped mint.