serves: 4 - 6
1/2 x 500 g pack chilled shortcrust pastry
25 g unsalted butter
2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
125 g button mushrooms, quartered
2 large size eggs
4 tbsp single cream or milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper
100 g Gruyere cheese, shaved
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, gas mark 5.
2. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 23 cm fluted flan tin.
3. Place a circle of greaseproof paper inside and fill with ceramic baking beans.
4. Cook in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
5. Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the leeks and mushrooms. Cook gently for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until softened.
6. Cool slightly then arrange in the pastry case.
7. Beat the eggs and cream or milk together and add seasoning.
8. Pour carefully into the pastry case, sprinkle over the cheese.
9. Place on a baking sheet and cook in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until the filling has set.
10. Serve hot or cold with a dressed mixed green salad and buttered new potatoes.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!