500 g extra lean minced beef
70 g pack Milano salami, cut into small pieces
50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
25 g Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp oil, for frying
520 g jar Ragu red wine and herb sauce
250 g linguine
2 tbsp olive oil
6 fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Mix together the ingredients for the meatballs and divide into 12 balls.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the meatballs for 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown, moving them gently to ensure even cooking.
3. Pour over the jar of sauce and gently heat through.
4. Cook the linguine in lightly salted boiling water for 6 - 7 minutes, drain well and toss in the olive oil and torn basil leaves.
5. Then serve the linguine topped with the meatballs.
6. Garnish with parmesan shavings.