serves: 4 - 6
750 g potatoes, peeled and cut
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp vegetable oil
430 g soya mince
300 ml vegetable stock, made up with 1 vegetable stock cube
400 g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp tabasco
salt and freshly ground black pepper
50 g Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Heat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
2. Cook the potatoes and carrots together in boiling salted water until soft. Mash and put to one side.
3. Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the mince and fry for a further 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Add the stock, tomatoes, herbs and Worcestershire sauce and season to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes.
5. Place the soya mix in a large ovenproof dish, top with the potato and carrot and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!