Calories per serving 235.
450 g (1 lb) potatoes, diced
300 g (10 1/2 oz) skinless cod fillet
3 lemon slices
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
2 tablespoons plain white flour
1 egg, beaten
75 g (2 3/4 oz) natural dried white breadcrumbs
low fat cooking spray
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the potatoes in lightly salted, boiling water for 2-S minutes until tender. Drain and mash thoroughly.
2. Place the cod with the lemon slices in a large frying pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until the fish is cooked. Drain well and flake the fish.
3. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/l90°C/fan oven I70°C. Add the fish, parsley, horseradish sauce and seasoning to the mashed potatoes, and mix together thoroughly.
4. Divide the mixture into eight and then shape into small, round, flat cakes with your hands.
5. Line a baking tray with non stick baking parchment. Dust the cakes with the flour and then dip them in the beaten egg. Coat the fish cakes lightly in the breadcrumbs and then spray them with low fat cooking spray. Place them on the baking tray.
6. Bake the fish cakes in the oven for 20 minutes until the breadcrumbs have turned golden and crisp.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!