Calories per serving 170.
1 teaspoon sunflower oil
225 g (8 oz) leeks, sliced
225 g (8 oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
600 ml (20 fl oz) vegetable stock
scant 1/2 (us) cup (100 ml) skimmed milk
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and add the leeks, potatoes and garlic.
2. Cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Carefully ladle half the soup into a food processor or liquidiser and blend until smooth.
6. Return the blended soup to the pan, and add the milk and seasoning.
7. Heat through and serve the soup in warmed bowls.
28 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!