Calories per serving 215.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 red onion, chopped very finely
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
450 g (1 lb) chicken mince
50 g (1 3/4 oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
400 g can of chopped tomatoes
300 ml (10 fl oz) chicken stock
2 tablespoons tomato puree
3 tablespoons dry white wine
100 g (3 1/2 oz) button mushrooms, sliced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan and add the onion and garlic with 1 tablespoon of water.
2. Cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, until the onion has softened.
3. Place the oregano, chicken mince, breadcrumbs, egg and seasoning in a mixing bowl with the garlic and onion.
4. Mix thoroughly and then roll the mixture into 20 small balls between the palms of your hands - wet your hands with cold water to prevent the mixture sticking to you.
5. Place the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir well and bring to the boil.
6. Add the chicken meatballs and seasoning, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring from time to time.
22 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!