Calories per serving 325.
60 g (2 oz) pasta shells
225 g (8 oz) canned, chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon chilli sauce
1/2 small yellow pepper, de-seeded and chopped finely
1 celery stick, sliced thinly
1 small courgette, diced
50 g (1 3/4 oz) small button mushrooms, quartered
1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
1. Cook the pasta in a small saucepan of lightly salted, boiling water for 8 - 10 minutes, until tender, Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, place the chopped tomatoes in a medium saucepan and stir in the tomato puree, chilli sauce, pepper celery, courgette and mushrooms.
3. Season to taste and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
4. Mix the cooked pasta and basil into the tomato sauce. Heat through for 1 minutes and then transfer the mixture to a warmed serving bowl.
5. Scatter the top with grated Parmesan cheese, if you want to use it.
10 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!