4 tbsp corn oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cm fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
pinch ground cinnamon
pinch ground cloves
2 medium onions, sliced
500 g lean minced beef
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
2 green chillies, deseeded and sliced
3 bay leaves
300 g can cream of tomato soup
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tsp garam masala
198 g can sweetcorn, drained
1 tsp sugar
20 g pack coriander, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
pack naan breads
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
2. Heat the oil in a wok and saute together the garlic, ginger, ground spices and onion, this will take approximately 3 minutes.
3. Increase the heat and add the minced beef, pepper, chillies and bay leaves.
4. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes then transfer to an ovenproof dish, cover and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, remove the bay leaf and stir in half the soup.
6. After a further 20 minutes, stir in all the remaining ingredients except for the salt and cook for a final 20 minutes.
7. Season and serve with naan breads.
16 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!