Calories per serving 420
4 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp cajun spice
4 fillets catfish
2 medium size eggs, beaten
1 tbsp garlic flavoured oil
6 tbsp tomato ketchup
4 tbsp horseradish sauce
1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 tsp garlic flavoured oil
2 tsp cajun spice
400 g sweet potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
60 g spinach and watercress salad
1. Mix together the flour and spice and coat the fish on both sides.
2. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt on a flat plate and lay the fish in it for 5 - 7 minutes.
3. Shake off the excess egg and coat the fish once again in the seasoned flour.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes each side.
5. To make the sauce combine the ingredients and place in a small dish to serve.
6. For the potatoes heat the oil and add the spices, cook for 30 seconds then add the potatoes and cook gently for 1 minute.
7. Cover with water and cook until 'al dente', then drain.
8. Arrange the spinach and watercress salad on the outside of a plate, then place the sweet potatoes in the middle and top with the fillets of catfish and a spoonful of sauce.
9. Serve immediately.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!