serves 4 - 6
100 g (4 oz) margarine
100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
100 g (4 oz) self-raising flour, sifted
1 tablespoon lemon juice
150 ml (1/4 pint) double cream
150 ml (1/4 pint) single cream
2 tablespoons lemon curd
15 g (1/2 oz) plain chocolate, grated
1. Cream together the margarine and sugar.
2. Beat in the eggs, then fold in the flour and lemon juice.
3. Put the mixture into a greased and floured 23 cm (9 inch) savarin ring tin.
4. Bake in a preheated moderate oven 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4 for 25 minutes or until firm and golden.
5. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool.
6. Whip the creams together until thick.
7. Place the cake on a serving plate and spread the lemon curd over it.
8. Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle over the grated chocolate.