Calories per serving 170.
45O g (1 lb) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 onion, chopped finely
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon medium curry powder
85O ml (1 1/2 pints) vegetable stock
50 g (1 3/4 oz) dried split red lentils
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
1. Place the sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, curry powder, stock and lentils in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Transfer the soup to a food processor or liquidiser in batches, and blend until smooth.
4. Return the soup to a clean saucepan and heat through.
5. Season to taste, ladle the soup into four warmed bowls and garnish with fresh coriander
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!