Calories per serving 235.
450 g (1 lb) cooking apples, peeled, cored and diced
scant 1/2 (us) cup (100 ml) fresh apple juice
1 tablespoon cornflour
150 g (5 1/2 oz) fresh or frozen blueberries
15 g (1/2 oz) granulated artificial sweetener
for the crumble
100 g (3 1/2 oz) plain white flour
a pinch of ground cinnamon
25 g (1 oz) demerara sugar
50 g (1 3/4 oz) low fat spread, melted
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven I 60°C.
2. Place the apples in a large saucepan with the apple juice and simmer gently for 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
3. Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of cold water to make a thin paste. Add this to the apples and cook, stirring, until the liquid thickens.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the blueberries and artificial sweetener. Spoon the fruit into a 1.2 litre (2 pint) ovenproof dish.
5. Sift the flour and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. Drizzle over the melted low fat spread and mix well until you have a crumb mixture.
6. Scatter the crumble mixture over the fruit and bake for 25 minutes, until the topping is crispy.
25 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!