1 tablespoon olive oil
2 bacon rashers, chopped
3 spring onions, chopped
2 tablespoons flour
4 cups Chicken Stock
1/4 cup dry vermouth
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 cups diced, cooked chicken
salt and freshly ground pepper
chopped parsley for garnish
grated Parmesan cheese for serving
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add diced bacon and cook until lightly browned.
2. Add spring onions and saute until soft.
3. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes.
4. Add half the stock and stir until liquid thickens and bubbles.
5. Add remainder of stock, vermouth, parsley and diced chicken.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Ladle into a tureen or individual bowls, sprinkle with a little parsley and serve with Parmesan cheese.