150 ml (1/4 pt) medium dry white wine
5 ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
400 g (14 oz) Gouda cheese, grated
15 ml (1 level tbsp) cornflour
5 ml (1 level tip) made English mustard
1. Put the wine and lemon juice into a heavy saucepan and heat until nearly boiling.
2. Add the cheese and beat well with a wooden spoon.
3. Blend the cornflour with a little water and add to the cheese mixture, beating well.
4. Stir in the mustard and season with pepper.
5. Serve at once with chunks of French bread.
Note Serve as a traditional fondue for leisurely eating. Supply each guest with a fork for spearing the bread and then dipping into the hot cheese mixture. Accompany with a well-tossed salad. Serves 6 - 8.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!