1 kg (2 1/4 lb) kohlrabi
6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 anchovy fillets in oil, draine1
90 g (3 oz) 1/2 cup dried fine breadcrumbs
4 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
2. Peel the kohlrabi and slice thinly.
3. Cook in the water for about 5 minutes and then drain.
4. Place the oil in a saucepan over a low heat.
5. Add the anchovies with the oil, breadcrumbs and the garlic, and saute for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Reserve half the mixture and then add the kohlrabi to the pan.
7. Add a little water, cover and cook for 5 minutes more, until tender.
8. Add the pepper, arrange on a platter, cover with the remaining breadcrumb mixture and serve immediately.