1 kg (2 1/4 lb) runner beans
1 small white onion, chopped
2 tbsp flat-leaf italian parsley, chopped
small piece of celery stalk, chopped
6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
480 g (1 lb) plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
salt and pepper
1. Trim the runner beans and remove the strings on the sides. Slice them crosswise.
2. Fry the onion, parsley and celery in the oil over a low heat for about 3 minutes until translucent.
3. Add the runner beans and saute over a medium heat for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the cooking liquid has evaporated.
5. Arrange on a platter and serve.
22 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!